The Hudson 7 is an intermunicipal council representing the seven municipalities that draw drinking water from the Hudson River. The council was officially formed on May 31, 2018 when all seven municipalities gathered to sign an Intermunicipal Agreement.
Together, our drinking water systems serve over 100,000 people in Ulster and Dutchess Counties. The water that supplies our drinking water originates from a broad area of the Hudson Valley. View a map of the source watershed.
The Hudson 7 came together to join forces to protect our collective water supply through planning, advocacy and action.
Voting Members and Alternates
Village of Rhinebeck
1. Mayor Gary Bassett, Primary
2. Brant Neuneker, Alternate
Town of Rhinebeck
1. Supervisor Elizabeth Spinzia, Town of Rhinebeck
City of Poughkeepsie
1. Mayor Rob Rolison, City of Poughkeepsie
2. Plant Operator and (Hudson 7 Technical Advisor) Randy Alstadt, Poughkeepsies’ Water Treatment Facility, City of Poughkeepsie
Town of Poughkeepsie
1. Supervisor Jay Baisley, Town of Poughkeepsie
2. Councilman Bill Carlos, Town of Poughkeepsie
Town of Hyde Park
1. Supervisor Aileen Rohr, Town of Hyde Park
2 Town Board Member Neil Krupnick, Town of Hyde Park
Town of Esopus
1. Supervisor Shannon Harris, Town of Esopus
2. Water Superintendent Don Kiernan, Town of Esopus (TBD)
Town of Lloyd
1. Supervisor Paul Hansut, Town of Lloyd
2. ECC Neil Curri, Town of Lloyd
Non-Voting Members (limit to one per municipality)
Bryan Alix, VoR Chief Water Treatment Plant Operator (VoR)
Adam Litman, Town of Lloyd Water and Sewer Administrator (ToL)
Rebecca Martin, Riverkeeper, serving as interim coordinator (ToP)
Dan Shapley, Riverkeeper Water Quality Program Director (ToR)
Emily Svenson (ToHP/Alternate)
The Hudson 7 is thankful to Riverkeeper for its leadership and support.